Welcome to the GEO Department of TU Wien
Geodesy and Geoinformation take on key roles in our modern society as provider of information about geographical locations, environmental processes, physical fundamentals and are pivotal in enabling access to social relevant spatial data. Since its early days in the 19th century, the Vienna University of Technology hosts scientists and engineers undertaking geospatial data research. Today, a multitude of research fields in the evolving domain of geodesy and geoinformation is in the scope of our academic institution. The Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation, which is part of the Faculty of Mathematics and Geoinformation, unites the seven research groups Advanced Geodesy, Cartography, Engineering Geodesy, Geoinformation, Geophysics, Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing and conducts research as well as teaching in modelling and communicating states and processes of planet Earth and objects in, upon and above it.
hidden, but needed
hidden, but needed
- Johannes Böhm is the new EGU Division President for Geodesy
- Our paper on canopy transmittance was selected as a featured article
- Extragalactic radio sources on TU Wien Owl
- Phd Defense Anastasiia Girdiuk
- Der neue Studien-Infofolder Geodäsie und Geoinformation ist da!
- G. Carr, A. Blaschke, C. Bucher, A.H. Farnleitner, A. Fürnkranz-Prskawetz, D.P. Loucks, J. Parajka, N. Pfeifer, H. Rechberger, W. Wagner, M. Zessner, G. Blöschl et al.:
Emerging outcomes from a cross-disciplinary research and education programme on water resource systems
Water Policy, 54 (2017), 1 - 16. [ More information ]
- N. Li, N. Pfeifer, C. Liu:
Tensor-Based Sparse Representation Classification for Urban Airborne LiDAR Points
Remote Sensing, 9 (2017), 12; 1216-1 - 1216-22. [ More information ]
- L. Piermattei, M. Hollaus, M. Milenkovic, R. Quast, Y. Chen, T. Hakala, M. Karjalainen, J. Hyyppä, W. Wagner:
An Analysis of Ku-Band Profiling Radar Observations of Boreal Forest
Remote Sensing, 9 (2017), 12; 1252-1 - 1252-16. [ More information ]
- W. Dorigo, W. Wagner, C. Albergel, F. Albrecht, G. Balsamo, L. Brocca, D. Chung, M. Ertl, M. Forkel, A. Gruber, E. Haas, P. Hamer, M. Hirschi, J. Ikonen, R. De Jeu, R. Kidd, Y. Liu, D. Miralles, T. Mistelbauer, N. Nicolai-Shaw, R. Parinussa, C. Pratola, C. Reimer, R. van der Schalie, S. Seneviratne, T. Smolander, P. Lecomte:
ESA CCI Soil Moisture for improved Earth system understanding: State-of-the art and future directions
Remote Sensing of Environment, 203 (2017), 185 - 215. [ More information ]
- I. Ali, B. Barrett, F. Cawkwell, S. Green, Ned Dwyer, M. Neumann:
Application of Repeat-Pass TerraSAR-X Staring Spotlight Interferometric Coherence to Monitor Pasture Biophysical Parameters: Limitations and Sensitivity Analysis
IEEE Journal Of Selected Topics In Applied Earth Observations And Remote Sensing, 10 (2017), 7; 3225 - 3231.